Choosing the right alloys, whether aluminium or magnesium, is crucial for achieving the best end result. Numerous factors play a role. The key question is: Where and for what purpose is the customer going to use the component?
From this key question we want to be able to answer further relevant questions:
- How strong does the final product need to be?
- Is the component going to be visible or not? In other words: Is it important that the surface looks good?
- How important is the elasticity?
- Does it need to be corrosion-resistant?
- Is the conductivity of heat and/or electricity an important consideration?
- In which temperature is the endproduct to be used?
The answers to these questions are important to be able to choose the right alloy.